We're all human being, and then we all make errors. Having learned through the mistake of our own means and from vast quantity of comments and experiences we hear from consumers, we've compiled a summary of the greatest mistakes we come across made with water feature pencils. Hopefully, now you understand all of them, you'll avoid the disastrous results...
7) Carrying Your Fountain Pen in Your Pocket With Your KeysDid you only purchase a shiny new steel fountain pen? Throwing it in your pocket and letting it bounce around while you begin your online business will inevitably harm the finish in the pen. This is also true of Lamy Al-Stars and also the Ebony Matte Pilot Vanishing aim. If you're going for that rough-and-tumble look or purchased a pen specifically made for that purpose (think Kaweco Raw or Karas Kustoms), no huge offer. If perhaps you were going to ensure that it stays scratch-free, probably not great. Either avoid the pen within the pocket routine or get a pen slip in order to prevent the scratches altogether.
6) Utilizing Calligraphy Ink in Your Fountain Pen
Only a few ink is the identical! It may be appealing to seize that pretty ink you found at the art store for low priced and use it in you fountain pen, but try not to do it! If you want to maintain your water fountain pen in tip-top form, do not use ink intended for dip pencils or calligraphy. That includes Asia Ink, attorney's Ink, and something especially meant for dip pencils. Many calligraphy inks are shellac-based which should be washed by denatured alcoholic beverages (which may harm your pen). Additionally, these inks contain ingredients that will clog and sometimes even harm your pens by corroding a few of the inner mechanisms. adhere to inks that are specifically made for fountain pens and you should be good.
5) composing With too-much PressureOne of benefits of using a water fountain pen in the place of a rollerball or gel pen, is that water feature pencils operate through capillary action as opposed to stress. You only need certainly to softly touch your nib towards the page to get an attractive distinct ink. New users are especially vulnerable to pushing too much with regards to pencils, evoking the nibs to splay causing irreparable harm. If you work with a steel nibbed pen, you'll likely be good. But if you will be jamming a gold nib upon the page... yikes! Lighten up on your own hold and you will not only have an even more enjoyable writing knowledge, you will also be using much better care of your pen.
4) Not Cleaning Your Fountain Pen
Cleansing your pen can seem like a task, but trust united states, it is completely worth it. Tough begins, missing issues, and an array of various other pen complaints may be resolved simply by making use of some liquid or pen flush. If you are constantly swapping your ink, this will be specially essential since you can inadvertently concoct a new inky meal of unhappy chemicals immediately in your pen. You will find amount of ways to get this task less onerous like using a bulb syringe. Watch Brian's Fountain Pen 101 Video on pen upkeep to understand how or refresh yourself from the pen cleaning procedure. Remember- when in question, cleanse it!
3) Cleaning Your Fountain Pen With Rubbing Alcohol or AcetoneDon't get it done. Pretty kindly?? When you may believe this is a good concept to have your pen spic and span or eliminate some ink residue, massaging alcohol contains acetone that may virtually eat plastic. We have seen some pens damaged, and others completely melted, by making a plastic pen in rubbing alcohol instantaneously. When you yourself have a very persistent ink stain, take to some pen flush very first. If that does not work properly, some very diluted bleach have to do the secret. Maintain the scrubbing liquor in the medication case where it belongs!
2) Dropping Your Fountain Pen Nib DownOh the horror!!! This might be therefore heartbreaking to know about. If you're happy, the pen you have fallen features a quickly replaceable nib, like some Lamys, Monteverdes, TWSBIs, Edisons, or Noodler's. Another companies have proprietary nibs that aren't offered through retailers. Or whatsoever sometimes! We carry numerous replacement nibs and will do our best to support you in finding an answer to the issue if it comes up. It can break our minds a little everytime we come across it...
1) Staying Away From Your Fountain Pen
These children were built to be written with! Regrettably, we often learn about folks putting them in a drawer and forgetting about all of them. Perhaps we are biased since we utilize water fountain pens time in and outing, but there are plenty methods to put them to use. Here are some tips if you're seeking somewhat motivation:
- Bullet Journaling
- Urban Sketching
- Calligraphy or Flex Composing